Hello, My Writing Colleague,
There are lots of choices out there for tools that can speed up and help your writer’s journey. The tools listed below are the ones I have used and personally recommend for writing, editing, and self-publishing. They are in no particular order. Click on the individual tabs in the drop-down menu to see each of these in greater detail.
- Microsoft Word/Office: A widely excepted word processor
- New Novelist: Where you can write and organize all your notes in one spot
- Grammarly: A self-editing software
- The Hemingway App: Checks the grade level, adverbs, wordiness, and passive voice of your writing
- The Kindle Kid’s Book Creator: Build your book inside it, and it will format it to Kindle
- PublishXpress: Converts .docx and more to ePub and Mobi files
- Sigil: ePub editing software
- Photoshop: Authors can best use this for photo dpi conversion
If you have any questions, feel free to ask and email me at melissa@essentialsforwriters. com.
Carry on, My Writing Colleague. You got this!